Monday, March 18, 2013

Welcome!

    Hello! Welcome to my e-Portfolio. Here you can find information about me and my professional life at Cal Poly Pomona. You will find pages about my goals, courses I’ve taken, what I’ve learned outside of the classroom, my life experiences, and my resume. On the left side is the navigation menu, which links to each of these pages.

About Me

    My name is Samantha Boardman. I am a fifth year at California Polytechnic State University, Pomona, (Cal Poly) majoring in Apparel Merchandising and Management (AMM), Production option, Fashion Design Management track, and will be receiving my Bachelor of Science in June 2013.

    I was born in Pomona, and have lived in the area my whole life. I grew up taking art classes, and in ninth grade I discovered Adobe Photoshop. Eleventh grade I learned about Illustrator, and I’ve loved the two programs ever since. Around the same time I discovered Japanese street fashion, and instantly fell in love. I also have a strong passion for languages, and can pick them up easily. I have taken four years of Spanish in high school, and one quarter in college; two years of Japanese among watching shows in Japanese; and was taught Hebrew growing up.

    When I began college, I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do as a career, so I began my journey in chemistry to become a pharmacist. Partway through my second year, I realized this was not where I wanted to be, and it was time for a change. I learned that Cal Poly had a fashion program, and decided to try it out. My first class was AMM 101, Introduction to the Fashion Industry, and I quickly began learning there’s a lot more to the apparel industry than I knew. Since that first class, I’ve learned many skills and techniques that I will be able to use in the industry, and I hope to always be learning something new.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment